Whitefield College is specifically designed on providing quality Christian education. Whitefield admits students of any sex, race, color, or nationality; however, Whitefield College reserves the right to deny admission to any student for any reason it deems adequate. The only condition upon students other than the requirements listed below is their interest in the type of education offered. Entrance into the Whitefield College program is a privilege, not a right.
Qualifications For Admission
Admission is available to those who have:
1. Graduated from high school (home school, Christian, or public), and achieved at least a 2.5 GPA on a four point scale, or passed the GED. Students outside the USA must provide evidence of equivalent academic attainment.
High school curriculum requirements for homeschool applicants are identical to the requirements for all other applicants. They are as follows:
- English, 4 units
- Mathematics, 3 or 4 units
- Science, 3 or 4 units
- Social Studies, 3 or 4 units
- Foreign Language, 2 or 3 units of same language (Foreign Language is preferred but not mandatory)
2. Achieved minimum scores of 19 on the ACT or 890 on the SAT, if they have been taken. Although ACT or SAT examinations are not required for admission, we do encourage students to take these examinations, as they provide an objective evaluation of present skills and academic ability. The above minimum scores should give students confidence that they are suited for Whitefield College, and can handle the academic load.
3. Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
4. Provided a positive recommendation from a minister, pastor, or church elder.
5. Submitted an Application for Admission along with the $40 application fee.
Students who do not fully meet the academic requirements for admission may still be considered. Such students should send written details of their education, indicating why they expect success with Whitefield’s highly academic curriculum.
Procedure For Admission & Registration
1. Complete the Application for Admission, and the Student Disclosure form and pay a $40.00 Application fee.
2. Have a high school transcript and any prior post-secondary transcripts forwarded to the Admissions Office. If home schooled students do not have a transcript, a parental letter describing educational background and skills will suffice.
3. Have any SAT or ACT scores sent to the Admissions Office as soon as possible. Course work with Whitefield College may begin prior to the receipt of SAT or ACT scores.
4. Send two or more sealed letters of recommendation – one from the pastor, youth pastor, or session/consistory of your church, and another from someone other than a family member well acquainted with you. Send two passport size and style photographs accompanied with a $20 fee for the Whitefield College ID card required. Our aim is to learn as much as we can about your character, morals, manners, habits, and academic achievements.
Upon receipt, your application will be evaluated, and our decision will be mailed to you. All students in A.A. or B.A. programs must order the first two courses together.
Whitefield College has a unique, specially developed, and targeted program, and is, therefore, limited in the number of credit hours that may be transferred. Transfer students must provide full Official Transcripts and complete at least 30 credit hours at Whitefield College to be granted a degree.