Transfer of Credits
While the college has had students transfer to other institutions, the issue of transfer of credits is left with the receiving institutions. The United States Department of Education (USDOE) wrote the following in their publication on accreditation:
Accreditation does not provide automatic acceptance by an institution of credit earned in another institution…[A]cceptance of students or graduates is always the prerogative of the receiving institution…[F]or this reason…students should take additional measures to determine, prior to enrollment, whether or not their educational goals will be met through attendance at a particular institution. These measures should include inquiries to institutions to which transfer might be desired.
All degree programs of Whitefield College are intended for religious training in vocations of Christian service, and taught from a Christian world and life view.
Whitefield students have transferred credits to the following regionally accredited colleges, among others:
- Dordt College, Sioux Center, IA
- Liberty University, Liberty University Graduate School and Law School, Lynchburg, VA
- Mid-America Reformed Seminary, Dyer, IN
- Philadelphia Biblical University, Langhorne, PA
- St. Thomas College, Minneapolis, MN
- Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
- Viterbo University, La Crosse, WI
- Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
- Northwestern College, St. Paul, MN